Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: lincom post-estimation using svr commands in Stata8

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: lincom post-estimation using svr commands in Stata8
Date   Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:04:54 +0100 (BST)

--- David Thomas <> wrote:
> I am using data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics with
> replicate weights.  I have built a logistic regression model which
> includes a couple of interaction terms <snip>. I would like to
> calculate ORs with confidence intervals for the different age groups
> vs reference category for the variables with significant
> I tried using -lincom- <snip> But was left with the error message:
> unrecognized command: svysvrmodel <snip> I could calculate the ORs
> manually, but would have trouble with calculating the CIs that way.

You could try -nlcom- like the example below:

*------------begin example-------------
sysuse auto, clear
recode rep78 1=3 2=3
xi: logit foreign i.rep78*mpg, or

nlcom (mpg4: exp(_b[mpg] + _b[_IrepXmpg_4])) /*
   */ (mpg5: exp(_b[mpg] + _b[_IrepXmpg_5]))

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam