st: lincom post-estimation using svr commands in Stata8

From   "David Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: lincom post-estimation using svr commands in Stata8
Date   Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:16:27 +0930

I have a query about post-estimation of ORs (and CIs) after logistic
regression using -svrmodel-.

I am using data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics with replicate
weights.  I have built a logistic regression model which includes a
couple of interaction terms (between 3 dichotomous variables of interest
and the dummy variables for different age groups).  I would like to
calculate ORs with confidence intervals for the different age groups vs
reference category for the variables with significant interactions.  I
tried using -lincom-:

lincom var, or
lincom var + var_age25, or
lincom var + var_age35, or
lincom var + var_age45, or
lincom var + var_age55, or

But was left with the error message: unrecognized command:  svysvrmodel

I have used the post-estimation -test- command with no such problems.
I could calculate the ORs manually, but would have trouble with
calculating the CIs that way.

Thanks for any help.

David P Thomas
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Mondays - Thursdays)
Menzies School of Health Research, PO Box 41096, Casuarina NT 0811
ph: 08 89227610
fax: 08 89275187