st: Further query on twoway bars for 2 rates

From   "Daniel Exeter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Further query on twoway bars for 2 rates
Date   Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:20:05 +1200

Hi folks,

Thanks to those who replied yesterday. Perhaps my request wasn't clear.

I want to map rates for males and females, with 95% CIs, by a group
variable (e.g. region).

If I use the syntax
#d;
graph twoway (bar rate1 groupvar,(barw(0.5))  (rcap lb1 ub1 groupvar )
(bar rate2 groupvar, barw(0.5))  (rcap lb2 ub2 groupvar),
;
#d cr

I obtain a graph where the bars for males and females and their CI's are
plotted. However, the two bars are upon one another.

Is there a way to somehow shift the rate2 bars and CIs to the right, so
that they have an appearance similar to the command

Graph bar (asis) rate1 rate2, over(groupvar)

With the confidence intervals attached?

Cheers
Dan