[no subject]

My question is whether I can use this "rim" weight as sampling weight in svyset in Stata for regressions and getting population proportion of voting a certain political party, say. �

My feeling is that I should not (use it as sampling weight) as it has nothing to do with the probability of a person in the population being selected in the sample - whose inverse is what sampling weight usually is.

Any pointer or guidance will be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Edmond

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.