Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: How to fit multilevel models using stata

From   sharad sharma <>
Subject   st: How to fit multilevel models using stata
Date   Sun, 4 Jun 2006 19:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am a Ph.D. student and new stata user. I want to use
multilevel analysis with a cross-sectional data (women
nested within village). My objective is to examine
neighborhood influence on self reported obstetric
morbidity. The explanatory variables are divided in to
five groups,

- Neighborhood socio-economic indicators
- Neighborhood health infrastructure
- Individual background characteristics
- Preventive health care practice and
- Medical risk factors

The outcome variable is dichotomous (self reported
obstetric morbidity)

How can I fit the random intercept and random slope
models using stata (I am using stata 9)? And how to
interpret the result especially the random effect and
variance components?

May I request for help?

Sharad Kumar Sharma
Institute for Population and Social Research
Mahidol University, Thailand

Do You Yahoo!?