Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: Function that writes the location of the current do-file ?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Function that writes the location of the current do-file ?
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:36:05 +0100

You can pass arguments to a do file. This is
explicit in the on-line help and explained
in more detail at [U] 16.6.

The main idea is that the first, second,
... argument are mapped to local macros
1, 2, ... .

So for example

do frog "c:/project/data"

could work with

cd "`1'"

The successive arguments are delimited
by white space, except that quotes bind.

So in

do frog "c:/windows people prefer long names with spaces"

"c:/windows people prefer long names with spaces"

is all the first argument.

Sergio Correia