RE: st: RE: Goodness of fit using Cox-snell residuals

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Goodness of fit using Cox-snell residuals
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:18:35 -0500

not true - see p. 258 Example 2 of the Stata 9 survival manual.

Al F.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: RE: Goodness of fit using Cox-snell residuals

It just makes no sense to feed the Cox-Snell residuals to -stset-. You
already set up the survival problem using -date_visit-.

Once you have the Cox-Snell residuals, there are various things you can
usefully do with them, but feeding them to -stset- is not one of those
things.

As -stset-is telling you, many of the residuals are negative, so the
operation makes no sense on that ground alone..

Emelda Okiro