Re: st: Re: stata and textpad (and Hidemaru)

From   Giovanni Vecchi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: stata and textpad (and Hidemaru)
Date   Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:11:48 +0200

I would like to thank both Shige and Friedrich for their help, which was very effective.

Giovanni

Quoting Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>:

Giovanni,

Thank you for the kind words on my AutoIt scripts. Shige's advice may
already be enough to get the scripts to work with Stata 9.1 or 9.2. I
wanted to add that version 2.2 of the AutoIt scripts on my website is
compatible with Stata 9.1. I don't remember what I changed in the
scripts after Stata 9.1 was released but they do work.

http://huebler.info/2005/20050310_Stata_editor.html

Users of Stata with the Japanese Hidemaru editor
(http://hide.maruo.co.jp/software/hidemaru.html) may be interested in
an adaptation of the scripts by Masakazu Hojo. Professor Hojo's
program, Hidomaru, is available at his website:

http://ecows.econ.niigata-u.ac.jp/~hojo/misc/

Friedrich Huebler

--- 宋时歌 <[email protected]> wrote:
Giovanni,

Have you tried to edit the rundo.au3 to replace all "9.0" with
"9.1"
or "9.2"? Then you can re-compile the file, and it shoud work again
(at least that's what I did).

Best,
Shige

On 5/30/06, Giovanni Vecchi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear statalisters,
>
> before the coming of Stata 9.1 I was very happy... by following
Friedrich
> Huebler's instructions
(http://huebler.info/2005/20050310_Stata_editor.html)
> I was able to execute portions of my Textpad-written do files
without
> alt-tabbing in and out the text editor.  Friedrich's scripts
improved my
> Stata-life significantly (thanks Friedrich!!).
>
> Then, after updating (I'm not 100% sure whether it was from 9 to
9.1) the
> magic of rundo.au3 (version 2.2) and rundolines.au3 (version 2.2)
ended.
> Clicking the textpad icon linked to rundolines.au3 now results in
a second
> stata program being invoked and (successfully) executed; a new
AutoIt-icon