RE: st: too large standard errors of marginal effects after multinomial logit model

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: too large standard errors of marginal effects after multinomial logit model
Date   Wed, 31 May 2006 17:34:56 +0200

Duan:

Richard's comments were actually more practical than mine. -margeff- does more or less the same thing as I proposed, but is a lot easier to use (and thus less chances for bugs). You could also use the -prchange- command from Scott Long's and Jeremy Freese's very useful -spost- package, see: -findit spost-.

In my code the marginal effects were computed with the -nlcom- command and I compared them with the output of -mfx-. It was there originally for me check whether I got my equations right, and in your application I would assume you would use both commands to compare and see if the two are different. However, I would use the -margeff- or -prchange- commands instead of my code.

HTH,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam