st: RE: simple question on 2SLS??

Subject   st: RE: simple question on 2SLS??
Date   Tue, 30 May 2006 22:44:39 +0100

Kris,

Your questions are common ones that come up on the list from time to
time; see below.

You have to create your own instruments for the FDI*education variable.
The natural thing to do is to interact education with the excluded
instruments.  See e.g.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-08/msg00780.html

> Another question is that ivreg seems to automatically use all
> exogenous variables in the first stage, how can i force it to
> use only the instruments I specify?

You *don't* want to do this.  There is a Stata FAQ on it plus regular
postings to Statalist, e.g.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2005-11/msg00123.html

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes