From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: stci and weights
Date   Sun, 28 May 2006 14:15:38 +0900

Satvika Chalasani wrote:

I'm trying to obtain the median time to failure using stci, p(50). But it
will not work if I first stset the data using any kind of weights. stci,
median will not work either if I stset the data using weights. I suspect the
problem has to do with weighted data not being allowed in the calculation of
the standard error (to obtain the confidence interval for the median). Now I
don't need the confidence interval, so I'd be glad if someone could let me
know how I can simply get the median.

Use -stsum- instead.

Joseph Coveney