Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: nonparametric combination of univariate tests

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
Subject   st: nonparametric combination of univariate tests
Date   Thu, 25 May 2006 13:32:47 -0400

I have two related questions:

(1) Does anyone know if there exists a user-written routine to conduct
nonparametric combination of univariate tests based on the approach of
Pesarin (1990, 2001)? In particular, I would like to perform a
two-sample multivariate NPC test.

(2) What is the most efficient way to obtain random permutations of a
data set of vector-valued outcomes with a treatment and a control
group of unequal size? Is it better to vectorize the data and use Mata
or to use something like bsample for this? In the end, I would like to
look at a large set of random reassignments of rows (corresponding to
individuals) to either treatment or control status. I would like to
calculate some test statistics for each data permutation and store

Thank you for your help.

Dimitriy Masterov