Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: how to search my variables and labels

From   Anna Gueorguieva <>
Subject   st: how to search my variables and labels
Date   Wed, 24 May 2006 15:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
I have a dataset with a huge number of variables.
If I want to find a variable, is there something
similar to search but for variables and their labels?
Especially valueable will be for labels actually.
E.g. I want to find transfers in a dataset where
variables are named according to their order in the
survey, a9_q02, but do have labels. I want to try
several searches for different keywords.
Thank you in advance for your time!

Do You Yahoo!?