RE: st: aliases for help files

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: aliases for help files
Date   Mon, 22 May 2006 10:06:45 +0200

Thank you, Uli and Nick, for your suggestions. I think, Uli's idea would
be very nice if there was some way to cause Stata doing the extraction
automatically. I think it would be great in general if Stata would be
able to download packages as a single (compressed) file and then
internally extract the package and store the files in the right places.
This seems much more efficient and less error-prone to me than
downloading each file of a package separately.

Concerning my initial problem: I think what I will do is just deleting
the individual alias help files from the package. This seems reasonable
to me because -moremata- comes with a table of contents
("moremata.hlp"). Thus one can simply type

 . help moremata

and then click oneself through (at least this is what I usually do
instead of typing something complicated like -help mata mm_whatever()-
or -help mf_mm_whatever-). In addition the new -hsearch- command should
make it easy to find the relevant help entries for moremata functions.

ben