st: RE: Xtabond2 / System GMM Query

From   "Salvati, Jean" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Xtabond2 / System GMM Query
Date   Fri, 19 May 2006 10:47:16 -0400

The individual effects are not estimated  by xtabond2 (or any other DPD
system-GMM implementation).

It is true that the individual effects are present in the levels
equation. However, the orthogonality conditions for the levels equation
should only involve regressors that are orthogonal to the individual
effects either in level or in first-difference. In any case, the levels
equation does not allow you to estimate the individual effects.

Jean Salvati