From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <giovanni.vecchi@uniroma2.it>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: translog cost function
Date   Fri, 19 May 2006 10:34:13 +0200

I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague who's having problems to get the
message through.

Dear Stata users,

I am trying to estimate a translog cost function with shadow prices using
the approach of Atkinson and Halvorsen (1984). “Parametric efficiency tests,
economies of scale and input demand in US electric power generation”.
International Economic Review, 25(3). My focus is on equations (10) to (13).
I have a panel dataset (annual data, 20 firms, 13 years).

I am new to Stata (actually I'm still considering migrating to Stata) and
would appreciate any comments/references you may have to get me started.

Regards,

Alberto Iozzi

-------------------------------------
Prof. Alberto Iozzi