st: translog cost function

From   "Giovanni Vecchi" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: translog cost function
Date   Fri, 19 May 2006 10:34:13 +0200

I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague who's having problems to get the
message through.

Dear Stata users,

I am trying to estimate a translog cost function with shadow prices using
the approach of Atkinson and Halvorsen (1984). �Parametric efficiency tests,
economies of scale and input demand in US electric power generation�.
International Economic Review, 25(3). My focus is on equations (10) to (13).
I have a panel dataset (annual data, 20 firms, 13 years).

I am new to Stata (actually I'm still considering migrating to Stata) and
would appreciate any comments/references you may have to get me started.

Regards,

Alberto Iozzi

-------------------------------------
Prof. Alberto Iozzi