RE: st: right shift elements in a matrix

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: right shift elements in a matrix
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 18:06:50 +0100

I think we can all agree that -svmat-
is not especially helpful here.

Alternatively, consider some retro-chic
or retro-not-so-chic solutions.

For a row vector with 4 elements,

mat b = e(b)
mat b = b[1,4], b[1,1..3]

More generally,

mat b = e(b)
local R = rowsof(b)
local r = `R' - 1
mat b = b[1,`R'], b[1,1..`r']

Yet more generally, check out the ancient
-matselrc- published in STB-56 in 2000.

. search matselrc

will point to downloadable code.
-matselrc- fixes the column names as