st: Stata/MP and SSI

From   Henrik Stovring <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata/MP and SSI
Date   Thu, 18 May 2006 12:11:58 +0200

Stata has recently announced that it ships a multi-processor version of
its program, which is very exciting. At our system we have a so-called
SSI cluster using OpenSSI (www.openssi.org) which is a linux
distribution capable of turning single PC's into a single, multiple
processor computer connected by ordinary ethernet. I would hope and
expect that this would be an ideal environment for running Stata/MP, but
my question is whether any have any experience or guidance on this? As I
think this might be of general interest, I post to statalist as well in
hope of a public answer.

Best,

Henrik

--