Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Dispersion of workplace years of education

From   peter harper <>
Subject   st: Dispersion of workplace years of education
Date   Mon, 15 May 2006 15:24:49 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Statalist
I am working on a cross-section dataset, with different firms and different individuals. How would one generate a variable which would provide a dispersion of workplace years of education: absolute mean diff. across workers based on mean worker years of education, say, Ei.
I already have a variable for mean workplace years of education called Ej: which is based on percentage of the workforce in each of the k occupations times average years of education for that occupation from worker respondents.
Many Thanks in advance