st: Re: xtabond - dropped observations

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: xtabond - dropped observations
Date   Sun, 14 May 2006 07:43:49 -0400

You should be careful with an unbalanced panel, in xtabond/bond2, to ensure that there are no gaps -- that the missing obs. appear only at the beginning or end of each panel's data. My routine -onespell- may be of use here (ssc describe onespell). The A-B estimator is not well defined with more than one 'spell' per unit.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html