st: RE: formatting for significant figures

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: formatting for significant figures
Date   Wed, 10 May 2006 14:38:39 +0100

What you probably want is a g format. For instance, I usually use the
format %8.2g to get data to 2 significant figures (converting to an
e-format for x.yx10^(+/-6)).

Hope this helps.

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939