From   "Urvi Shah" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: tabout function
Date   Tue, 9 May 2006 10:16:15 +0100

I would like to use the 'tabout' fiunction with dates. My problem is that
the result from the tabout function shows a table with the numerical values
of mrec rather than actual dates. If I use the statement 'tab mrec
site_order_code2', it shows the mrec variable as a month e.g. Jan 2006. How
can I do this using the tabout function.

1) Part of my code looks something like this:

gen mrec=emrd_dinsert
label var mrec "Month of recruitment"
label val mrec month
format mrec %tmm_cY

label var site_order_code site2
encode site_order_code, generate(site_order_code2)

tabout mrec site_order_code2 if casetype == "Reg_&_Rand" using "abc.xls"

2) Describe mrec shows the following:

. describe mrec

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
mrec            float  %tmm_cY     month      Month of recruitment