Statalist The Stata Listserver

RE: st: Scatter Diagram with trend line

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Scatter Diagram with trend line
Date   Mon, 8 May 2006 15:49:20 +0100

Interesting that U.S. oil production is apparently measured in
BTUs, which when last I heard were British Thermal Units.

BTUs now sound like some particularly repulsive
undergarment for supposedly long dark cold British
winters. I don't think they are now much in use even
in Britain; the units that is, not the undergarments,
on which I am no expert.

Almost the whole world uses metric tonnes for oil production,
does it not?

Robert A Yaffee

>    Yes you can.  See the graphical command below.
> twoway (scatter oil year)  (lfit oil year if s1973 !=0)  ///
> (lfit oil year if s1973==0), ///
> title(US Oil Production before and after 1973) ///
> ytitle(Production in Quadrillian BTU) ///
> xline(1973) text(13 1972 "1973", orientation(vertical))

Jagath Dissanayake