Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: error message after dtobit

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: error message after dtobit
Date   Sun, 07 May 2006 20:15:43 -0500

At 06:53 PM 5/7/2006, branco ponomariov wrote:

After running dtobit in (completely up to date ) Stata 9, I receive
the following error:

[_se] not found

I downloaded all available dtobit packages/patches to no avail.
What's wrong?
You often need to use version control on the estimation command with user-written post-estimation commands. Stata changes something and these older post-estimation commands get zapped. Try this:

webuse auto
version 8.2: tobit mpg trunk weight, ll(17)

There is also a dtobit2 command. It seems to produce a little different results than dtobit, but maybe you can make them equivalent by tweaking the options. I haven't looked at either command that carefully.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu