From   "David Harrison" <david.harrison@icnarc.org>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Storing test results
Date   Thu, 4 May 2006 16:15:25 +0100

-testnl- returns these in

r(chi2)
r(df)
r(p)

To see the full list of results returned by any (non-estimation)
command, type -return list-.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Gernot Wagner
Sent: 04 May 2006 16:02
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Storing test results

Hello,

I would like to store test results to work with them later. Estimation
commands store their output automatically. That does not seem to be true
for test commands, including test and testnl. Is this possible using
built-in functions, or are there any programs that do this trick?

For example, running testnl displays the following results on screen:

                chi2(1) =        3.32
            Prob > chi2 =        0.0683

I would like to store 3.32 and 0.0683 for later use.

Many thanks,
Gernot Wagner

79 JFK Street B313
Cambridge MA 02138