Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: xtivreg , fe + cluster option

From   "agata maida" <>
Subject   st: xtivreg , fe + cluster option
Date   Wed, 3 May 2006 10:58:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dear statalister,
I have an unbalanced employer employee dataset.

I'm estimating a wage curve.  I'm  estimating a wage  controlling for
individual, region ,  time fixed effects,   and  region specific linear
time trends. We use a IV-fixed effects estimator (FE-2SLS) in which the
rate is  instrumented with its  first and the second lag

Unfortunately Stata's xtiverg, fe does not incude the cluster option and I
have more instruments than clusters.
In this case s.e. can not be corrected for clustering on region but only
for clustering on individuals, since  so I might face downward biased s.e.
on the elasticity of interest.
Is there any suggestion on how to deal  with this problem?
thenk you in advance.