From   "Herve STOLOWY" <>
To   <>
Subject   Rép. : st: zipsave and zipuse
Date   Wed, 03 May 2006 10:48:19 +0200

Dear R.Tharyan:

Have you tried -gzsave- (downloadable from ssc)?

Best regards

Hervé Stolowy

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86 (replace # by @)

>>> 05/02 10:32 am >>>

Could someone give me any advice on how to run this command on stata 8.2
running on win xp. I have downloaded the zip and unzip files from the
website mentioned in the help files. When I issue the command it saves the
current file as a zip file but the file in empty.

Command issued:  zipsave c:\a.dta

Stata returns:  data compressed with zip and saved in file c:\a.dta

To check I issued the command shell which zip , that returned nothing. Which
probably means I haven't configured it correctly. When I use zipuse I get
the following message

Command issued :  zipuse c:\a.dta

Stata returns:  file C:\DOCUME~1\Rajesh\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_00000002.tmp not
Stata format

Also, The latest version (version 10)  of winzip now includes a command line
addon. I was wondering if the zipsave and zipuse commands could be used with