From   "Mariano Alvarez" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: HP Filter
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 11:20:33 -0300

I am trying to apply the hpfilter command, and I am having some problems
regarding the storage of the new variable created after the filter. I've
hpfilter var
But it didn't create a new variable with the hp-filtered serie. I've also
tried to generate a new variable, and replace it with the H.var operator:
gen a=H.var
but Stata returns the "operator invalid" message (also trying H_var).
Please, does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've been finding the
"+hpfilter +statalist" with goggle in order to see if there was a similar
question regarding my problem, but without success. Thanks very much in