From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <>
To   "statalist" <>
Subject   st: FW: [BUGS] Using R and WinBUGS from Stata
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 10:14:23 -0500

Here is a forward from the BUGS list that deals with this topic

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Susumu Shikano
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 8:46 AM
Subject: [BUGS] Using WinBUGS from Stata

Dear BUGS-users,

Some of your list members might be interested in my presentation "Stata
goes BUGS (via R)" which demonstrates how to run WinBUGS from Stata
using R as interface. The presentation file and its materials are
available from my site:

The programs were not written for general use and the primary aim of the
presentation was encouraging Stata-Corp to develop an interface for
WinBUGS and not selling this unsophisticated way of using WinBUGS.
Nevertheless, it would be my pleasure if some Stata-users get a hint to
make their "commuting" between two programs more comfortable.

Dr. Susumu Shikano
Department of Political Science I, University of Mannheim D7, 27, Zi.
404, 68131 Mannheim, Germany Tel. +49-(0)621-181-2065; Fax.

This list is for discussion of modelling issues and the BUGS software.
For help with crashes and error messages, first mail

To mail the BUGS list, mail to Before mailing,
please check the archive at
Please do not mail attachments to the list.

To leave the BUGS list, send LEAVE BUGS to If
this fails, mail, NOT the whole list