RE: st: RE: Hausman taylor

Subject   RE: st: RE: Hausman taylor
Date   Tue, 2 May 2006 14:53:05 +0100

Rodrigo,

The key question is the consistency of the coefficient estimates.  The SEs are, of course, inconsistent - I think that's why Julia is interested dealing with the heteroskedaticity and AC problem.  But if the coefficient estimates are consistent, then the procedure I outlined below ought to generate consistent SEs.

It's just like standard random effects GLS.  The coefficient estimates are consistent but inefficient in the presence of heteroskedasticity or autocorrelation, but the usual GLS SEs are not consistent.  Using cluster-robust SEs then solves the problem of obtaining consistent standard errors for a standard random effects estimation.

I *think* same reasoning carries through with HT....

--Mark