Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Detecting Outliers

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: Detecting Outliers
Date   Tue, 02 May 2006 09:15:29 -0400

an outlier is something that needs to be predefined; I think
of an outlier as something that is surprising given my model
of the data; routines such as box plots force their model of
the data on you

what is your model of the data?

Raphael Fraser wrote:
I have 10 years data (5000 observations) on patients heights and
weights. Is there any ado-file that could assist in locating possible