Re: st: SVY and risk ratio

From   Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SVY and risk ratio
Date   Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:12:49 +0100

On 28 M�rta 2006, at 16:58, [email protected] wrote:

Dear statalister,
I have a data set from a household survey and would like to use survey commands
in Stata for analysis. I'm trying to find the relationship between place of
delivery coded as (1=Health Facility 0=Other) and other explanatory variable
like age of mother, tribe. My interest is obtain risk ratios and not odds
ratios. Can anyone assist me on how to go about it.

You can try your hand at -binreg- which will do robust variance estimation to take into account clustering in your data, though it won't accept the -svy- prefix. -binreg- will give risk ratios with the appropriate option selected.

-binreg-, however, is not guaranteed to find a solution to a reasonably-specified model, unlike -logistic- which will. I've been lucky; -binreg- has worked for me most of the time. Others report less heartening results.

=========
Ron�n Conroy
[email protected]
www.flickr.com/photos/ronanconroy