st: RE: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:23:05 +0300

Yes, CPI is consumer price index in this case.

My data set is an unweighted panel: I have around 50 months and around
450 different item groups in each month in my data set. The number of
single price quotes in each item group is useally slightly different
between months (and between item groups). To be able to draw a histogram
the data is converted to the long form.

I have tried to do the calculations first. The problem is that the
histogram (distribution) becomes way too narrow with this method. I
could get the correct weighted histogram at the whole CPI level, if I
could sum up the individual item level histograms.

To sum up, it would enought if I just could save the frequencies in
histograms in matrix or vector form and then export them out of Stata as
data. By so far, I've been not able to see the data (with the exception
of bar labels option) - just the picture. I can save the picture etc,
but does someone know how I could save the frequency data of the
histogram?

Samu