st: RE: RE: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: weighting item specific (CPI) histograms
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:17:56 +0100

I can't follow this. Your main issue seems to be that
you think the results you get are wrong, or at least
not what you want. It is difficult to comment on that.

However, it certainly is possible to generate
histogram numbers without getting the histogram
itself.

. search histogram

points to (inter alia)

help    twoway__histogram_gen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Histogram subroutine
        (help twoway__histogram_gen)

SJ-5-2  gr0014  . . . . . . . Stata tip 20: Generating histogram bin variables
        Q2/05   SJ 5(2):280--281                                 (no commands)
        tip illustrating the use of twoway__histogram_gen for
        creation of complex histograms and other graphs or tables