st: reporting categories of variable in regresssion model

From   "RCM R" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: reporting categories of variable in regresssion model
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:20:43 +0000

Hello,

I am running a multiple linear regression model that looks like this:

.reg y x1 x2 x3 age

age is a categorical variable of five age groups (coded as: 1,2,3,4,5). I
have tested for linearity and non-linearity. Now I want to report the values
of the variable y for the different categories of age in a paper. How can I
do this? Can I use .lincom for this? so:

.lincom age
.lincom 2*age
.lincom 3*age
etc.

Or should I create a new regression model with age as an dummy/indicator
variable?

.xi:reg y x1 x2 x3 i.age

Thanks

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/