Re: st: Re:

From   "Paolo Caruso" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re:
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:33:40 +0000

Thanks for your replies.

The reason why I want to exclude the variables is because they are interactions (based on the variable that I am instrumenting) therefore, it can not be valid to include them in the first stage. If there is any other way of avoiding this problem then please let me know.

Thank you for the commands but the actual problem I am having is if it is possible to do the same thing apart from with more than one instrumented variable and what additional commands I would have to do in order to ensure the correct t-stats are reported.

Regards,

Paolo

>>> [email protected] 03/23/06 14:08 PM >>>
It is worse than "not a good idea" to pick and choose among exog vars
to include in the first stage--it is not the IV estimator, and you
would have to derive consistency results for your new homemade
estimator based on different assumptions. You are better off sticking
with -ivreg- or -ivreg2- to be sure. If you want to include
d7usq=d7unit^2 as a new endogenous RHS variable, you now have two
endog variables, and you may need more excluded instruments--but the
products (with exog vars) and powers of your existing excluded
instrument(s) are candidates.

On 3/23/06, Arne Risa Hole <[email protected]> wrote:
> You can try the following code:
<snip> This replicates: