Re: st: RE: RE: Macro display format

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Macro display format
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:02:51 -0500

rclass results (the stuff in r() ) is only guaranteed to be around immediately after the command that creates them--they do not necessarily persist. When you run another rclass program, or a program that itself calls an rclass program in doing its work, they will disappear.

In the course of its work, the -graph- command clears rclass results, whether or not you used anything from the rclass in your graph command.

If you want something to persist, assign it to your own local macro before the graph:

. sysuse auto, clear
. qui summ length
. local mymean = `r(mean)'

. twoway scatter length mpg, text(200 35 "Mean is `: %2.1f `mymean''")

. di `mymean'

--Nick Winter