Re: st: Naming convention, Ideas?

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Naming convention, Ideas?
Date   Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:36:15 -0500

Maybe something that works off the notion of "generalized."

One option would be to use the prefix approach, to create a syntax like:

. genmanip : merge ...

. genmanip : append ...

and so on. Then you have only one .ado file to maintain, easily allowing options that apply to your command (distinct from the append, merge, etc. options), etc.

See -help _on_colon_parse- for a Stata command that helps parsing that syntax.

I'm not sure -genmanip- is a great name, but something like that?

--Nick Winter