st: 2 -estout- queries

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: 2 -estout- queries
Date   Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:50:01 -0000

I am studying Ben Jann's very useful -estout- package (downloadable from
SSC), and I have 2 immediate queries:

1. Is there a way of suppressing the table heading? (There is a
-prehead()- option for inserting a text line before the table heading
and a -posthead()- option for inserting a text line after the table
heading, but no -nohead- option for suppressing the table heading.)

2. Is there a way of inserting text into the blank cell above the column
of X-variable names? For instance, I may type

regress weight c_1-c_6, noconst
estout using estout1.txt, cells("b(fmt(%8.2f)) ci_l(fmt(%8.2f))
ci_u(fmt(%8.2f))") replace

and produce the output file

**** BEGINNING OF estout1.txt - CUT HERE
	.
	b	min95	max95
c_1	3317.12	3140.98	3493.25
c_2	2248.18	1865.22	2631.14
c_3	2238.57	1758.50	2718.64
c_4	2625.00	1726.88	3523.12
c_5	2130.00	859.86	3400.14
c_6	3170.00	1899.86	4440.14
**** BEGINNING OF estout1.txt - CUT HERE

but I want to produce the output file

**** BEGINNING OF estout1.txt - CUT HERE
	.
xvar	b	min95	max95
c_1	3317.12	3140.98	3493.25
c_2	2248.18	1865.22	2631.14
c_3	2238.57	1758.50	2718.64
c_4	2625.00	1726.88	3523.12
c_5	2130.00	859.86	3400.14
c_6	3170.00	1899.86	4440.14
**** BEGINNING OF estout1.txt - CUT HERE

with the text "xvar" above the X-variable names.

Thanks in advance

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939