st: RE: How to get 4-digit year number

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to get 4-digit year number
Date   Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:53:21 -0000

If I understand this correctly, you think it
unreasonable that, for example,

yofd(date("2006", "mdy"))

returns missing. It seems reasonable to me.
If you say your date variable is "mdy",
Stata shrugs its shoulders at anything that
does not fit what you say.

What you could do is something like this:

gen byear2 = real(dateinc2) if byear == .

and then check that byear2 contains what
you want.

If I'm misunderstanding, please show us
some of the problematic data.

Akihito Tokuhara