RE: st: RE: pie charts

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: pie charts
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:13:52 -0000

If you have 10 main partners in each of 10 years, then this could not
possibly produce the 229 levels of the -partenaires- variable that Stata
has found - it would give you at most 100, and, if some of the main
partners exist across multiple years fewer than this. You need to drop
(or at least exclude) all records except the 10 main partners in each
year. This would reduce your problem, but, unless it leaves 15 or fewer
main partners across the 10 years, will not fix it.

Another option is to define additional styles for p16pie, p17pie etc in
your own scheme file (see -help scheme files-). For example, saving the
text below as scheme-pietest.scheme in your ado path, and adding the
option -scheme(pietest)- to your -graph- command will add definitions
for a 16th slice of pie coloured bright red...

#include s2color
areastyle p16pie p1
color p1 red

However, I would also agree with Nick that (1) a legend with 229 (or
even 100) values is going to swamp your graph; and (2) pie charts aren't
very easy to read anyway!

David