RE: st: COINTEGRATION TEST WITH I(0) VARIABLE

From   �scar Becerra-CERAC <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: COINTEGRATION TEST WITH I(0) VARIABLE
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:01:30 -0500

Mauricio,

I think that the correct approach in this case is to perform Johansen
Cointegration test only over the 3 I(1) variables, as the cointegration rank
(the number of cointegration relationships) must be less than 3.
Additionally, if you are not sure about the exogeneity of the I(0) variable,
I suggest you that include in the VEC specification. If you include this in
the cointegration relationship, it does not affect the long run
relationship, as the sum of two variables I(0) (in your case the linear
combination of the 3 I(1)variables plus the I(0) variable) must be
stationary.

Best,

�scar Becerra
Researcher Conflict Analysis Resource Center, CERAC