st: Roger Newson's old KCL website is decommissioned

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Roger Newson's old KCL website is decommissioned
Date   Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:27:04 -0000

Hello All (ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THE STATACORP WEBSITE)

This is to let you all know that the move of my website from King's
College London to Imperial College London is now complete, following the
decommissioning of my old website. The old address at
http://phs.kcl.ac.uk/rogernewson/
now contains only pointers to the new address at
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/
whether you access the old adress using a browser or using the Stata
-net- command. Therefore, people with links on their websites to
resources on my old website should ideally update their links (although
I have endeavoured to make my forwarding information as complete as
possible).

In particular, I note that, if I type in Stata
net from http://www.stata.com/
and click on "users" and then on "rnewson", then I am still taken, in
the first instance, to the old King's College website, and have to link
to my new website from there. I also note that, if I try to find a
resource on my new website using -findit-, as in

findit effical

(which should find a copy of the first of my 2006 papers, which was
never on my old website), then there are no matches. This suggests that
the Stata search engine used by -findit- does not know that my new
website exists. The people in charge of the StataCorp website, and the
search engine enabling -findit-, should therefore probably update their
records with the new address.

Best wishes (and thanks in advance)

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939