Re: st: -njc- updated

From   Rose Medeiros <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -njc- updated
Date   Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:19:40 -0500

Richard,
I'm glad you enjoy -njc-. Thank you for the suggestion, I have implemented it, or at least attempted to.
Rose

Richard Williams wrote:

At 06:53 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:

I have updated njc.ado with new quotes. The date and the name of the thread are now displayed. Thank you to Neil Shephard for suggesting that this information be added (and for suggesting a number of new quotes).
From within Stata - net describe http://pubpages.unh.edu/~rosem/stata/njc -
From your web browser: http://pubpages.unh.edu/~rosem/stata
Enjoy,
Rose

This is quite possibly one of the most useful routines ever written for Stata. :) One suggestion for Rose and others who maintain their own sites: Add the necessary info for adoupdate to recognize when your program has been updated (even if you yourself only use an earlier version of Stata, Stata 9 users will appreciate it.) That way no one will ever have to miss the latest and greatest version of your creation. Here is an excerpt from the help for adoupdate (or, just look at the description for any file on SSC):

adoupdate reports whether an installed package is up to date by comparing the distribution date of the package installed with the package available over the web. If you are distributing software, include the line

d Distribution-Date: date

somewhere in your .pkg file. Capitalization of Distribution-Date does not matter, but include the hyphen and the colon just as shown. Code the date in either of two formats:

all numeric: yyyymmdd, for example, 20050508

Stata standard: ddMONyyyy, for example, 8may2005

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

--
Rose Anne Medeiros
Department of Sociology / Family Research Laboratory