RE: st: A -graph twoway bar- equivalent of the -bargap- option?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: A -graph twoway bar- equivalent of the -bargap- option?
Date   Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:35:56 -0000

In addition, recall that I posted a rough version
of a -textbarplot- program in reply to an earlier
question of the same kind. A better version of
-textbarplot- will be added to the SSC archive
shortly, at Kit Baum's convenience. It is just
a wrapper for -twoway bar- with some bells and whistles.

In the spirit of Austin's reply, note that
since you can put the bars where you want
them and vary -barwidth()- too, you don't
need an equivalent to -bargap()-, as the
same, indeed more, flexibility is provided directly.

Austin Nichols

> You can change the x-values so the bars overlap, or change the barw()
> option so they overlap, or some combination of the two.  Is that not
> what you had in mind?
> . sysuse sp500, clear
> . twoway bar high date in 1/4, yla(1300(20)1340) barw(1.5)
> . replace date= date+(2-_n)/3 in 1/4
> . twoway bar high date in 1/4, yla(1300(20)1340)

Hiroshi Maeda