st: Re: Non standard commands and statsby

From   Rory Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Non standard commands and statsby
Date   Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:13:59 +1100

I encountered the problem in a three-level model (output further down):
statsby _b, clear by(cycle): xtmixed angle || pt: || session: if side=="L", mle

and I've tried cutting it down to a two-level model as in Scott's example
but haven't had any success with that either (same problem as for the above).

If I cut it down to a 1-level model, i.e. remove all random effects, then
it runs ok:
statsby _b, clear by(cycle): xtmixed angle if side=="L", mle

Here is the full error output from statsby

. statsby _b , clear noisily by(cycle):xtmixed angle ||pt: ||session: if
side=="L", mle
statsby: First call to xtmixed with data as is:

. xtmixed angle ||pt: ||session: if side=="L", mle
invalid ':'

The -xtmixed- syntax for my 3-level model, i.e. what statsby tries to
run above but complains about an "invalid ':'", works fine when I run
it without -statsby- !!!

Rory

--
Rory Wolfe
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine