st: from an economist but to anyone who might know: fixed effects ordered logit

From   "Alix-Garcia, Jennifer" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: from an economist but to anyone who might know: fixed effects ordered logit
Date   Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:46:04 -0700

I apologize for my earlier botched reference but repeat the previous plea:

Has anyone written a stata program that correctly estimates  a fixed effects ordered logit?

 There is one description that I have seen of this, in Greene's Econometric Analysis.  However, any version of a fixed effects ordered logit would be useful to me.  I found some earlier threads from people who were seeking something similar, but was unable to see how they resolved the problem.

Thanks! Jennifer

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Nick Cox
Sent: Wed 3/8/2006 2:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: fixed effects ordered logit

The question of references is discussed in the FAQ.

In essence, list members should please note that the
list is interdisciplinary and not assume that
other members are not necessarily familiar with your own
corner of the literature.

In this case, even many non-economists know that
Greene is an economist, but even so, full details do
no harm.

Alternatively, if you wish only to address certain
sections of the list, then a flag

<insert your discipline> ONLY

in the subject line lets people zap before reading.

Alix-Garcia, Jennifer