Re: st: helped with fixed effects logit

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: helped with fixed effects logit
Date   Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:26:25 -0000 (GMT)

Michael Horowitz:

> I have a paper where I am examining the impact of democracy on crisis
> behavior.  I need to estimate a fixed effects or conditional logit model
> but I am not sure how.
>
> The data is set up dyadically, meaning each observation has data on the
> crisis and data for state A in the crisis and state B in the crisis
>
> Here is the functional form of the logistic regression I have run
>
> logit DV democstateA democstateB control1 control2 control3 control4
>
> I need to estimate a fixed effects model to control for the impact of
> specific countries.  I know that I need to use conditional logit to
> control for unmeasured heterogeneity.
>
> But I am not sure how to do it.  Specifically, in the clogit setup, it
> should look like:
>
> clogit DV democstateA democstateB control1 control2 control3 control4,
> group(????).
>
> What I am unclear about is what goes in the parentheses.  If anyone could
> assist, I would very much appreciate it.  I apologize for asking such a
> basic question.

Stepping aside from -clogit-, are your events rare or not? If they are,
then you may want to consider Gary King and Langche Zeng's -relogit- which
you can download by going to

net from http://gking.harvard.edu/files/relogit.zip

Hope that helps.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.