st: RE: Size and power simulations

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Size and power simulations
Date   Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:42:58 -0000

Pelle might like to refer to Newson (2004),  which introduces a unified set of formulas for power and sample size calculations, including those derived using simulations or pilot studies. These formulas are implemented using the -powercal- package, downloadable from SSC using the -ssc- command in Stata. The output from -powercal- can be put into nice tables using the -listtex- package, also downloadable from SSC.

I hope this helps.

Roger

References

Newson R. Generalized power calculations for generalized linear models and more. The Stata Journal 2004; 4(4): 379-401. Pre-piblication draft downloadable from  http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939