st: slogit versus mlogit

From   Sara Mottram <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: slogit versus mlogit
Date   Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:03:39 +0000

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me?
I am trying to model an ordinal response variable with three levels. I do not have proportional odds and so I have been investigating the stereotype model. I understand that if the stereotype model is of its maximum dimension, in my case 2, then the model is equivalent to a multinomial logistic regression model. Given that I believe that a 2-dimensional model would be an improvement over a 1-dimensional model for my data, is there any benefit in fitting the model using slogit rather than mlogit? Alternatively, does anyone know where I can find detailed information on the interpretation of a 2-dimensional stereotype type model from slogit, especially when my explanatory variables are categorical?
Thanks
Sara

*
* For searches and help try: